Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Shih-Tzu Temper Tantrum

While we were away in California for two and a half weeks, my mother-in-law and my nephew were dog sitting. We thought it was the least stressful method of leaving the boys while we went on vacation. How wrong we were!

For the first two days, we were told they didn't budge from the door we left from, they cried and refused to eat or drink. On the third day they did start to take some water and a bit of food. By the end of the week they appeared to be "back to normal". Not...

During the second week they became the dogs from hell. They peed everywhere they could and pooped on the carpet. They never do this when we're at home, but they were angry that we were not around and all rules went out the door. They tore up their toys, bedding and blankets. They ripped up my plants, books and anything else they could access. As soon as my mother-in-law cleaned up their mess, they would mess again.

We came home at 3:00 in the morning and the last thing I wanted to do was clean, but I had no choice. I spent 1/2 an hour scrubbing the floors and using carpet cleaner on the rugs. I definitely am going to have to rip up the family room carpet and have it replaced. Flooring is looking like a good option. However, since we've been home they've been good as gold...no mess on the carpet, no mess in the kitchen.

So if you are planning to go on vacation and have a dog sitter, my advice is to cover your furniture with blankets you can wash and have a lot of carpet cleaner on hand...you're going to need it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.
Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming
post. Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.


Also visit my homepage ... New Business Ideas From America